Wednesday 7 September 2011

A new beginning.

 A trip to Dunne's Swamp with Len Metcalf and fellow Blue Mountains Photography group camera buddies has once again inspired me to make more images and appreciate every moment we have been given.

It has been a tough year for me: breast cancer, loosing my dog, Spot, who we had for 11 years, being away from my partner, having a major flood at the farm in Mudgee doing lots of damage to fences and dealing with financial problems. I never thought things could get this bad all in one year. I fought through the cancer time to stay on top of things, and life just seemed to pass by. Now with the help of family and special friends, I can see my way to a better future. I am stronger for the experience, but I can't say it was a good one. I am still luckier than most and appreciate life more.

The weekend away was the first time in six months that I forgot about my troubles and could just relax and concentrate on getting in the "zone" and making photos.

I have had the priveldge of learning from Len last year in a Master class, and he once again became a mentor on the weekend. I was lucky enough to be with some other very talented photographers who inspire me. They are a constant reminder that I am ok and what I do photography wise is good. I love to help anyone who needs it and have been doing that in my job as a teacher (St Marys Senior High PDHPE) and also in the club.

This photo was taken whilst in a Michael Kenna zone. The foreground rocks aren't as special as I would have liked, but I love the feeling of peace that this photo displays. I was "at Peace" here!


I haven't processed many of the shots from the weekend yet, so I will post more when I can.

2 comments:

  1. Dot, these are quite beautiful! I really love what you have achieved in the first photo with what appears to be gentle light on the trees and long exposure on the water allowing it to become white and still.
    It is wonderful to see you back "in the zone"!! Love the other two as well. Can't wait to see some more!
    Congrats "oh talented one"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful memories of a lovely weekend. Thanks.. Your help was wonderful and appreciated with every moment.

    These images are wonderful and really capture the stillness and essence of the place.

    Can't wait to see more..

    ReplyDelete