Sunday 18 September 2011

Little additions

It's been a busy week since I returned from Mudgee. I've been trying to get the house ready for sale, so am preparing rooms and painting. This weekend was the Blue Mountains Photography Group's workshop. An event that seems to be becoming a regular fixture on the calendar. The committee at the club are a fantastic group of very enthusiastic and talented people.

My role was basically to run a workshop (What makes a good photo?) and help out where I could in setting up and packing down. It was a great day and I'm really proud to be involved in such a well run event.


I had some other events happening through the week. The birth of my nephew Caleb last week meant I got to do a photo shoot for his family on Thursday. He was not at his best, but I did manage to get a few nice shots between the crying and the feeding.(as well as some shots of his sister before she had a sleep too)  His poor mum was exhausted by the end of the day. He seemed to be constantly looking for a feed.




Each time he settled for a sleep and I thought we could take some photos, he objected quite loudly to being posed. Below is just one of those occasions. Oh well, I'll just have to try again. 


On the Friday my step -daughter went into labour and we waited patiently for the arrival. Finally we got word that she had delivered a very healthy baby boy (expected....sorry for the unintended pun) Jack. As I was at the workshop when this occurred I had to wait till Saturday night to see him. He is so cute. I managed a few snap shots in the hospital, but will do a proper photo shoot later this week.


I am a very proud step-grandmother....that sounds really old.


Today, Dave Glazebrook and I went to photograph a 100th birthday party. Dave was the principal photographer, and I went as an assistant. It was pretty hectic, with five generations of the family present. Dave did a wonderful job, and I'm sure he'll have some great photos. I didn't take many (compared to what I normally would) as my time was spent controlling groups and being a helper. I'm looking forward to seeing what he's produced.

I'm looking forward to a less hectic week next week......not sure that will happen, but we'll wait and see.





No comments:

Post a Comment