Saturday 24 September 2011

Baby Jack

This week has been busy, just like all my weeks seem to be. My Step-grandson was born last Saturday so I have been spending some time with him and his gorgeous parents, as well as painting the house and super soaping walls....such joy.

Friday I got to do a photo shoot with Jack and his family. He was an angel. So calm and so alert. Amazing for 6 days. Apparently he doesn't like having his clothes off, so I prepared myself for another shoot with a clothed baby....no biggy, but not what I had in mind. Anyway we tried without clothes and he was brilliant, very calm whilst being skin on skin with his parents. We all had a ball. I have been trying to get thee photos all processed for his family, so I admit I've rushed some and I'll go back and re tweak a few.

Elyce and Matt, Jack's parents are both beautiful people inside and out, so it was a very easy shoot to do. I'm so happy for them that they've turned out well. I am so happy with my new lens, a Canon 50mm f1.8. It's so sharp and beautiful in low light.


I have been learning to post-process in Lightroom thanks to my dear friend Shirley Steel. I must admit, after knowing Photoshop, and being able to use it so easily, it is frustrating. Lightroom is faster, but I get angry when I can't do some things at times that I know I can do in Photoshop. So then I tried editing Lightroom,  editing in Photoshop and coming back to Lightroom. Again, frustrating, cause when you do some things in Photoshop, like when you use an add-on and then save, it doesn't come back to Lightroom. I have to save it and then re-import it , and add it manually. ( took a little while to work that out.) Anyway, I will persevere as I'm such it will get better as I get to know the program better.


I am a teacher, so I believe in life long learning.....so I can't give up. I would never allow my students to, so I won't.




No comments:

Post a Comment