Monday 12 September 2011

Canola Field Trip

I had a few days left in Mudgee before returning to the Blue Mountains. I had seen the local fields covered in Canola and knew it wouldn't be there when I returned to Mudgee. It was now or next year to get the shots of the fields.

I ventured out on an overcast, but windy day, knowing that there would be shafts of light coming through at various times, but diffused light at others. Should make for interesting photography.


I travelled some roads I had not taken before and found fields of various sizes, but all blooming brightly. I think I was probably the talk of the towns (well not the whole town) that day. you see to get some of the best angles of the fields I had to stand on the roof of my car. This may seem like an easy feat, but my car is  a Nissan Patrol 4x4, so it is higher than me. That probably would have been enough, but the day brought very strong wind gusts at times. A couple of times i could feel myself being pushed to the edge. A little scary. Some of the looks I got from the drivers of the cars that passed by were classic. I'm not sure if they were thinking I was completely nuts....or they were scared for me...or they just couldn't work out what I was doing. Made me laugh though, so thank you drivers.

Here are a few of the days images....








Now that I'm back in the Mountains I have a newborn photo shoot to organise, a workshop to do, a reunion photo shoot to assist at and then another newborn shoot (when the baby arrives). In the meantime I have to repaint or touch up some rooms in the house so we can put the house up for sale soon. The idea is to move to Mudgee permanently by the end of the year. (That's the plan anyway!) Busy, busy, busy. I work pretty well under pressure normally. Let's hope that will happen this time.




1 comment:

  1. Stunning Dot!!! Simple pure lines. Love them!!! You should send a couple of these to the local papers in the area. They may enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete